Important News from Ruth Hanna, Pierre Flatowicz, and Thom Pigaga
Let’s get back to playing bridge together!
We want to ensure that the Club continues to offer all of you every opportunity to play and learn our great game.
On that note, we’re excited to announce the merger of Omaha House of Cards with the Bridge Academy of North Dallas (BAND) for online play and lessons. With all brick and mortar bridge clubs closed across the country, we’ve selected BAND as our best partner. Here’s why:
- BAND was the fastest club in the country to put together an online program for all levels of play with Open, 2500er, 1500er, 749er, 499er, 299er, 199er 99er, and 49er on BBO (Bridge Base Online). Click on the live links below to begin the process of playing on BBO, specifically BAND Online games.
- Win more masterpoints! You will earn masterpoints just as you did when playing in person, but the games are bigger, so the awards are higher.
- There’s no travel with online bridge, no driving in traffic, bad weather or darkness. Stay home and play in your pajamas if you like!
- All games have a BAND Director to sort out inquiries or irregularities, just like we did at the Club.
Now let me introduce our friends at BAND in Dallas, Texas. BAND (http://www.BridgeInDallas.com) is the 10th largest ACBL duplicate club in the country, and is owned by Donna Compton, a World Championship player. You can see her bio and that of her husband Chris Compton, 5-time Barry Crane winner, on the website.
- You can still chat with your friends before or after a deal ~ there’s an online chat box!
- And because this is a shared financial arrangement with BAND, by playing with them, you’ll be helping us.Thank you.
Now you all know HOC’s interest in teaching, so we’re also excited that Donna is also a Master Teacher. Her programs are known nationally for world class content, based on the teachings of Eric Rodwell, Eddie Kantar and Audrey Grant. Learn more at www.PlayBetterBridge.com.
You will soon receive information from BAND with all the details to help you transition onto BBO and begin playing in BAND Online.
Once you join BBO (it’s free), please send your BBO nickname to Marti Nelson at BANDPublicity@mindspring.com. YOU CANNOT PLAY UNTIL BAND HAS YOUR NICKNAME and you have registered your ACBL player number with BBO (all number, no LM letter).
Both you and your partner must be online when you register and when the game starts. Registration opens 2 hours before game time. Once registered, plan on being online at least 10 minutes before game time.
If you are having an issue after watching the tutorials, please call Marti Nelson at 276-226-0245 or Joaquin Flores, BANDOfficeManager@mindspring.com. 682-812-9137.
Chris Compton of BAND will be sending a follow-up letter to you on this exciting online bridge program opportunity. If you do NOT wish to receive Chris’s follow-up letter, please send an email to OmahaHouseofCards@gmail.com.
I hope you are as excited as we are about this new joint venture. Please join us at BAND and let’s play bridge again.
Ruth Hanna, Pierre Flatowicz, and Thom Pigaga